Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Nutrition: I try new things. I have nearly reached my weight goal, so I need to
start to add more lean protein to my diet. Today I tried whole grain toast, cream
cheese, & tuna, tasted better than it sounded. This doesn’t always work out, but it
sure is nice to discover something new for the diet. I’m reluctant to take anymore
advise from Vegans. The last time didn’t go well. Turned out to be a big stinky
expensive mess no one would eat.

Equipment: Compression Socks  I have a long history of calf strains, pulls, Achilles
problems, foot cramps, & a dozen turned ankles. These socks work for me, I
frequently wear them between work outs & they reduce swelling, fatigue , & give
added support & protection in the event ice or Ace bandages are required. I have
seen other people wearing these on activities, but I doesn’t work that way for me. I
wore them once on a  five mile jaunt & could barely walk for two days. My lower legs
didn’t respond well to the added support. These are largely marketed as “Recovery
Socks” & can be a bit over priced IMO. I used a 20% off REI membership coupon to buy
A pair of Smartwool knee high. I received my 2 other pairs from a Schwaggle deal. I
looked into diabetic socks, very similar. They have cheap offerings, but if you read
the labels, they’re over 90% nylon, the ones with higher percentage of spandex are
running the same price as “recovery socks”. These have all but eliminated my lower
leg issues.

Cheapskate: I’m a deal hound. I will not pay full price for anything more than once.
I am becoming more aware of how things work around the interwebz. Google save me $50
off my entry to Spartan. I signed up for Google deals,  stay logged in while surfing
Spartan Race & BAM, coupon in my inbox. To be honest, I didn’t want to spend $100
for this event. I was planning to volunteer this year to gain free admission next
year.


Rant: Green Font Police. Since when do we have to declare our intentions whether true or foul. If you offend then you are a clod & need to study the fine art of sublte. A true barb leaves much doubt about intentions & doesn't become apparent unless mulled over. Double meanings work well & afford deniable plausibility. Perhaps people rely too much on poor body laugage & don't realize the best delivery is deadpan. The next time you're offended by some oof in a forum, consider the source & move on. True wit should hold some mystery & not be murdered by green font.

No comments:

Post a Comment