Saturday, May 19, 2012

I'm going to alternate between trail running @ Point Defiance & circuit training at the old Wilson High School track. Today I started developing my own circuit course using what is available. Hand over hand across the goal posts, throwing a tire in the shot put area, metal roof frames for pull ups, dips, ect., crazy balance beam with a long jump at the end, diving off the bleachers into the pole vault landing pad & 3.66 miles of running.
Untitled by schrup at Garmin Connect - Details

Tomorrow will be a 5 mile run through the trails at the Pt. 

I will touch on my diet, but it is always an evolving work. I usually shoot for 55%carbs, 30% fat, & only 15% protein. I don't log or calorie count any longer, but have in the past & it was invaluable in understanding what, how much, & how often to eat. I try to consume around 400 calories 5 times a day depending on activity level. I try to eat only real whole food & stay away from ingredients I can't pronounce. I try to avoid unnecessary salt & sugar. I highly recommend FITDAY for anyone looking to get a grip on their diet.

I am currently 168lbs & about 11.5% body fat according to my Tanita composition scale. I hope to get a more accurate body fat measurement from Multicare Sports Medicine next week. I got down to 163lbs last summer & was in fantastic shape until my Achilles tendons started hurting badly along with tight hammies. I believe my injuries were caused from over enthusiastic basketball & tennis.

 I also plan to get another complete assessment from Exercise Science center in Fircrest. I got one 5 years ago & it was well worth the money which seemed cheap anyway (under a hundie). I received an accurate LTL, lactic threshold level. It was 156BPM. This is an important number in my training, I train by heart rate & as long as I don't keep my heart rate above 156bpm for extended periods, I greatly reduce my risk of injury. Extended periods over 156bpm build up too much lactic acid in my blood, my system isn't able to get rid of it fast enough & then I start to get pulls, strain, & tears. Another benefit I got from the first test was to find out that I don't have the genetic make up to be an elite athlete, but I can have elite fitness.







No comments:

Post a Comment